Superfood acai combines with tart cherries and almond butter for a deliciously rich fruit smoothie recipe. Adding nut butter is the secret to making this healthy vegan smoothie so creamy.
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 ½ ounces frozen pure unsweetened acai fruit puree (see Tip)
- ½ cup frozen pitted cherries
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- Step 1Combine almond milk, acai, cherries, almond butter and maple syrup in a blender. Puree until smooth.
Acai is a reddish-purple berry native to Central and South America. Look for frozen pouches of acai puree near other frozen fruit in natural-foods markets or online. Break into chunks before using.
Serving Size: About 1 1/3 CupsPer Serving:281 calories; 16.5 g total fat; 2.6 g saturated fat; 138 mg sodium. 548 mg potassium; 29.3 g carbohydrates; 6.7 g fiber; 19 g sugar; 6.7 g protein; 1044 IU vitamin a iu; 5 mg vitamin c; 12 mcg folate; 219 mg calcium; 2 mg iron; 64 mg magnesium; 9 g added sugar;Exchanges: 1 1/2 High-Fat Protein, 1 1/2 Fat, 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1 Fruit