Fresh ginger turmeric lemonade recipe made with whole foods: fresh ginger and turmeric root and a touch of black peppercorns to boost the absorption of curcumin and stimulate the taste buds.
This homemade turmeric lemonade is as wholesome as it gets. I used whole peeled lemons, fresh turmeric and ginger roots, plus a pinch of whole Malabar peppercorns. Yes you guys, I added black pepper to the lemonade and I promise you won’t even know it’s there.
I’ve experimented with a few variations of this recipe and finally decided this is the best way to make it and get the most benefits.
Vegan. Gluten-Free. Oil-Free.
Initially I started making it for the Batman so he can stop complaining about inflammation after his workouts. But then I discovered how delicious and refreshing it really is and I’ve been making it on a regular basis. There’s always a bottle or big pitcher of it sitting in our overstuffed fridge now.
Try experimenting with some blackberries, raspberries, blood oranges and even adding a jalapeño into the mix.
Turmeric Lemonade Benefits:
Anti-inflammatory propertiesAnti-depressant DNA protectionDetoxifyingGlowing skinNatural painkiller Nausea remedyPreventing Alzheimer’sCarcinogen blocking effects
Promotes a heart-healthy diet.
No matter how hard I try to capture the beauty of this golden turmeric color, one can’t really appreciate its beauty unless seen in person. That gorgeous yellow color is all thanks to the curcuminoids compound found in turmeric. If using dates to sweeten your lemonade just know that the color will change a bit and become darker.
- 4 lemons
- 7 cups filtered water
- 1.5 inch turmeric root (or 2 tsp turmeric powder)
- 1 inch ginger root (or more to taste)
- 12 peppercorns
- 1/4 cup coconut nectar or 6 dates (Optional)
- Using a sharp knife cut the peel of off the lemons. Discard the seeds then add the lemons to a powerful blender or food processor.
- Peel the turmeric and ginger root and add them to the blender together with the peppercorns and sweetener or choice.
- Process until completely smooth. Taste and adjust sweetness to taste.Serve chilled over ice.
- If using dates to sweeten your lemonade just know that the bright yellow color will change a bit and become darker.
Calories: 39kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Sodium: 16mg | Potassium: 139mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 15IU | Vitamin C: 38.2mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 0.5mg