This is a low-carb version of apple cider provides all the health benefits of cider without the carbs. Made with diluted apple vinegar and flavored with cinnamon, cloves, and stevia, this drink makes for a powerful antioxidant elixir. Make it during cold and rainy fall days or any other time you need a rejuvenating drink.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups water
- 2 cinnamon stick, broken in half
- 6 cloves
- 2 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- Stevia, to taste
- Combine water, cinnamon, cloves and cider vinegar in a saucepot.
- 2Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- 3Reduce heat and simmer until very fragrant.
- 4Spoon the cider vinegar into a mug or heat-proof glass.
- 5Add stevia to taste and serve.
You can upgrade the flavor of this drink by adding orange slices, allspice, and vanilla extract. To thicken it, consider adding a touch (¼ tsp) of glucomannan powder to make it resemble true apple cider in appearance and mouthfeel.