aleo & Keto Chocolate Milkshake
An Instant Keto Treat!
If you’re in need of a speedy (or even instant!) keto treat (or summer breakfast!), this chocolate shake is it. Much like our much loved keto shamrock shake, this chocolate version is bound to have you swooning.
Using a high-speed blender here (think bullets) will ensure ultra creamy and smooth results. Just be sure to blend all the ingredients very well before you add the ice!
p.s. Dave Asprey gets full credit for introducing us all to the wonderful concoction that is ‘Bulletproof’. Worth checking out his site for more info and solid products (not sponsored in any way).
This low carb chocolate milkshake is very adaptable to your tastebuds and needs. Starting with the chocolate, we love to use a great quality cacao powder here for maximum nutritional benefits (think organic and from criollo beans).
Feel free to add anything from chia seeds for extra fiber (I sure do!), collagen peptides, MCT oil, hemp hearts, and pink Himalayan or flakey sea salt (seriously don’t skip, amps up the flavor a bunch!).
What do you guys add to your morning shakes?!
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk or heavy cream
- 1/2 medium avocado
- 1-2 tablespoons cacao powder to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch pink Himalayan salt or salt of choice
- 2-4 tablespoons erythritol or sweetener of choice, to taste
- 1/2 cup ice as needed
- water as needed
- chia seeds ground (you’ll need to add more water)
- MCT oil
- hemp hearts
- collagen peptides
- mint extract or extract of choice
- Add coconut milk, avocado, cacao powder, vanilla extract, salt, sweetener and add-ins of choice to a blender (bullets work amazing here!). Blend until creamy smooth, using a little water as needed.
- Add in ice and blend until thick and creamy. Do not over-blend, or you’ll lose thickness and coldness. Enjoy right away!
Please note that nutrition facts were estimated using 50g of avocado (about half a medium one).
To break down the carb count for you: 4.5g (3.5g fiber) from 50g avocado + 3g (2g fiber) from 1TBS cacao + 3g from 1/2 cup coconut milk + 0.25g of vanilla extract = 10.75g total – 5.5 = 5.25g net.
Enjoy and always be sure to read your labels!