Buttercream Keto Fat Bombs
These keto buttercream fat bombs are based on our famous cream cheese buttercream frosting. I know many of you were already using it as a fat bomb, so making it official!
Plus, a chocolate touch (be it drizzled or dipped!) makes them oh-so-amazing! And if you keep them frozen, picture the chocolate layer cracking and the fat bombs literally melting in your mouth . An ice cream fat bomb situation sorta thing!
Alternatively, opt for a toasted almond sprinkle. Nice, crunchy and oh-so-yummy.
Or, I mean, you can literally just smother it over a piece of dark chocolate. Or berries. Or just spoon it out, I definitely have!
The Butter ??
You are eating the butter raw, so going organic and grass-fed really is a must here. Because, aside from the taste being 1,34049 times better, grass-fed butter has a completely different nutritional profile to regular butter.
It is loaded with Vitamin-K2 (which de-calcifies your arteries), anti-inflammatory fatty acid called butyrate, among many other perks. So if you have to choose just one product to splurge on, this is it.
The Cream Cheese ?
Again, procuring an organic or artisanal cream cheese is more ideal than your regular variety (i.e. Philadelphia). But not completely necessary, in the sense that you’ll get equally good results with both.
So take your pick.
You can pretty much use whatever sweetener floats your boat (stevia and pure monk fruit included!). But do keep in mind that you’ll get a more traditional sweetness with sugar alcohols (erythritol and xylitol) and allulose. But they must be powdered.
So get your blender out, make sure it’s completely dry, and process your sweetener of choice until powdered. Just make sure you wait a few moments for the dust to settle before opening the blender or food processor.
Or you can always grab a bag of Powdered Lakanto or Powdered Swerve (i.e. confectioner’s).
And if using xylitol, make sure to be careful if you have a pup around the house, as it’s highly toxic to the little guys! ?
I’m a huge fan of Nielsen-Massey’s Madagascar vanilla for these fat bombs. And for pretty much every baked good, it’s seriously the best stuff.
FOR THE BUTTERCREAM FAT BOMBS
- 115 g organic grass-fed butter at room temperature
- 115 g cream cheese at room temperature
- 2-6 tablespoons powdered erythritol or xylitol to taste*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract optional (but highly suggested!)
- pinch kosher salt
FOR THE COATING
- dark chocolate such as Lily’s (optional & to taste)
- almonds toasted and roughly chopped
- Add the butter and cream cheese to a large bowl. Cream the mixture with an electric mixer until evenly combined, a couple minutes. Start by adding just two tablespoons of sweetener, adding more if necessary to taste. Continue to beat until light and fluffy, about 8 minutes.
- Spoon into silicon moulds or pipe as you would with frosting (I used a star tip). Freeze until hardened.
- If adding a chocolate layer, melt chocolate in a water bath (or the microwave), feel free to add a touch of coconut oil to thin it out. Allow it to come to room temperature before coating. Drizzle it over the fat bombs or dip them in using two forks. Freeze again straight away.
Please note that nutrition facts were estimated for the ENTIRE batch. You can make approximately 50 fat bombs (at 0.1g net carbs a pop).
But given that the yield will depend on how many fat bombs you get, DIVIDE EVERYTHING IN THE NUTRITION FACTS BY YOUR NUMBER OF FAT BOMBS! Sorry for the caps ;)!