Nutrient-packed, ultra refreshing, thick and super creamy. Just a few things you can expect from this instant paleo and keto strawberry milkshake!
Paleo & Keto Strawberry Milkshake ?
i.e. A Nutrient-Bomb ?
If you’re in need of a speedy (or even instant!) low carb and keto breakfast, this sugar free strawberry shake is it!
Like our much loved bulletproof chocolate shake and keto shamrock shake, this berry version is bound to have you swooning.
But I switched it up a bit, as avocados don’t quite work 100% with berries. So I add a couple tablespoons of chia seeds for super thick and creamy results (not to mention a lot of fiber!).
Chia seeds are awesome. These tiny Mexican guys pack a whole lot of protein and add a whole lot of oomph. They contain large amounts of fiber and omega-3 fatty acids, plenty of high quality protein, and several essential minerals and antioxidants.
So if you’re on keto, and having trouble passing (you know, ), chia seeds are bound to become your new best friends.
Using a high-speed blender here (think bullets) will ensure ultra creamy and smooth results, particularly since we’re working with chia seeds here. Just be sure to blend all the ingredients very well before you add the ice!
And if no bullet is on hand, you’ll want to use ground chia seeds to ensure properly thick and creamy results (rather than lumpy ones!).
Feel free to add anything from collagen peptides, MCT oil, hemp hearts, and pink Himalayan or flakey sea salt (seriously don’t skip, amps up the flavor a bunch!).
What do you guys add to your morning shakes?!
- 1/4-1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk or heavy cream, to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons chia seeds to taste
- 1/4-1/2 cup strawberries fresh or frozen
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch pink Himalayan salt or salt of choice
- 1-3 tablespoons erythritol or sweetener of choice, to taste
- 1/2 cup ice as needed
- water as needed
- collagen peptides
- MCT oil
- hemp hearts
- One of the great things about this milkshake is that you can customize it to your taste buds’ desires! Want more thickness and fiber? Add more chia seeds! Keeping carbs to a minimum? Keep the strawberries and coconut milk in check! And feel free to add-in your collagen and MCT oil.
- Add coconut milk, chia seeds, strawberries, vanilla extract, salt, sweetener and add-ins of choice to a blender (bullets work best here!). Blend until creamy smooth, using a little water as needed.
- Add in ice and blend until thick and creamy. Do not over-blend, or you’ll lose coldness. Enjoy right away!
Please note that nutrition facts can vary a lot for this guy depending on quantities and brands used, so always be sure to read your labels.