Keto Roasted Radishes
The title perhaps ought to read ‘can a radish really impersonate a potato?’. I mean, raw radishes are anything but potato-y: spicy, bitter, and totally juicy!
But when roasted, something magical happens and the result is rather extraordinary. Fact is, these keto roasted radishes are pretty phenomenal!
Still, keep in mind that radishes are still radishes. And a slight trace will linger, but after a nice and (very!) long roast, they really are the closest thing to potatoes I’ve ever encountered.
So I cannot recommend enough that you give these roasted radishes a shot. Best case scenario you will be one of the lucky peeps to whom radishes totally taste like potatoes. And worst case? You just never whip them up again.
And perhaps one of the most lovable things about radishes is their carb count. I’m talking 1.8g net carbs per 100g serving…! That equates roughly to 0.1g net carbs per medium 1-inch radish. Nuts right?
Be patient and roast them long enough until they’re nice and dry. Radishes have a lot more water weight than potatoes, so they need a little longer in the oven to dry out and crisp up.
I’m talking roughly 45 minutes to an hour! Try them at minute 20 to 40, and they’ll still be too radish-like in my humble opinion.
Oh, and don’t forget that you can always add radishes along with your keto roasted chicken for a top-notch combo!
Or you can slice them up too (and they’ll roast even faster!). This also works particularly well if you’re using a daikon radish.
- 7 ounces small to medium radishes trimmed and halved or sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons thyme fresh or dried (optional)
- flaky sea salt to taste
- black pepper freshly ground to taste
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C. Brush a baking dish or rimmed tray with olive oil.
- Add radishes to prepared baking dish, drizzle with olive oil, thyme (optional), and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Roast for 45-60 minutes, until golden and crisp, tossing them about half way through.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top and roast for 5 more minutes. Serve right away.
Please note that nutrition facts are estimated for a 50g serving of raw radishes (about 10 medium radishes).