This cacao almond bliss smoothie is as much a dessert as it is a mini-meal. The good news is that if you are going to eat a chocolate almond sweet creation, this is the way to go. It can even be frozen into a sorbet. This is heaven on earth for guilt-free chocolate loving bliss! Use frozen bananas in this recipe–just peel and cut into chunks, then freeze; the banana acts like little ice cubes). You also can use homemade almond nut milk. For more information on cleansing with smoothies, try these detoxification tips.
- 2 cups nut milk
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1 heaping tablespoon almond butter
- 1 ripe banana (in chunks)
- 1 tablespoon raw honey or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamo
Steps to Make It
Place all of the ingredients into a blender. Add a few ice cubes if desired.
Blend everything together until smooth.
Make sure you sip smoothies slowly and “chew” them so the digestive enzymes in your saliva will be activated.
Add a scoop of protein powder for extra nutrients. Pea protein, hemp or rice protein, and organic whey or soy all good sources.
- Use 2 cups of coconut milk instead of the nut milk.
- Add a teaspoon of maca powder for an extra energy boost. Makes one generous or 2 small servings